Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 2 stereo stalk and seatbelt light

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 14th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks Ottoman

I tried accesing the resistor pack myself originally by removing the instrument panel surround (upper, then lower), then 'flopped' the display down, but there was definitely no space to even get a hand in there let alone fiddle about with connectors etc. There seemed to be some additional trim underneath the instrument panel surround, which was only visible once I'd taken the surround off ! (Maybe specific to this vehicle model, who knows?). Anyway, there was no visible way of removing that additional trim so I got a neighbours mechanic to do the work. I'll try removing the radio to see what access that gives me to the wiring.
The mechanic did say that when he put the dash all back together the heater blower was working but then an airbag light had come on. So...he fixed that and returned the car to me.
I'm just hoping that the modified loom hasn;t interfered with other functions. Vehicle electrics are a bit beyond me I'm afraid !
Currently in Gillyboy's garage:
Scenic 2 1.5dci Rush
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome