Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should I purchase Laguna 2002 1.8 EXPRESSION

View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
You won't find out much from a test drive unless there is some clonks from the back,-rear bushes- which fail or engine, transmission noises etc.

Sit in the car and check everything works.....Air/Con, Tyre pressure indicators, all electrics, windows pop up headlight washers if it's got Xenon headlights,headlight levellers...with the engine off switch on the headlights then insert and remove the key card, you should see the headlamp beams move up and down when you do that and make sure they both light up, expensive to repair if not.

The cambelt must be renewed every 70000 miles or every 5 years if you do not have proof of this being done don't buy it or get it done before you drive it.

Good luck.

After a couple of warranty jobs on mine after buying it I have spent very little on repairs. more like 20 a month than 200. had it over 5 years now.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved !
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome