Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Garage Servicing

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I'd be very interested to hear which company it was - though we can't name and shame on here.
My sister used to take her car to a car-centre that is, ahem, lets spreads nation wide assuming that as it is a national chain she'd be ok.
She reported that the car was pulling to one side and making a knocking sound at the front left. They told her they'd replaced a suspension part (can't remember what) but when she got it back both faults were just as bad.
She took it to another garage to have something else looked at a few weeks later, and they happened to see that the same suspension part which was supposed to have been replaced, was broken. She told them about the previous garage, and was told there's no way it had been changed. She went back to that garage and ended up getting a full refund.
My honest advice is stay away from these big chains. Warranty permitting, find a good local garage which relies on repeat customers and word of mouth. I just did, and they're worth their weight in gold!
Currently in redsmac's garage:
2002 Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome