Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Scenic - poor fuel economy

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 16th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question New Scenic - poor fuel economy

We have just bought a brand new Scenic Dynamique 1.6VVT and are seeing very poor fuel economy - typically 30.6mpg or worse. This compares badly with the 31-32mpg that we were getting on our 5 year old 2 litre Scenic that we traded in. Indeed, our last tank of petrol lasted less than 300 miles, far less than the old car used to.

We called our garage who told us to reset the counter - which we did. The mpg went briefly up to 41, then quickly dropped back down to 30 again.

We have been driving both in town and on dual carriageways - nothing special, and certainly not sitting idling or in traffic jams.

So, is there something wrong? Would it be reasonable for me to expect a mpg figure close to Renault's published combined figure of 37.1 for this car? We will be taking it back to the garage for them to test next week and I'd like to know how to answer them if they tell me that nothing is wrong.

Currently in chrisotherwise's garage:
2008 Scenic 1.6
  5 Lastest Threads by chrisotherwise
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
New Scenic - poor fuel economy Cars & motoring Andrew_M 13 3173 16th January 2009 02:07 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome