Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic rt 2000/x sunroof problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 18th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Red face Is this sunroom in one piece ??

Hi all, me again.. I have taken off the light console cover to try ang fix this wee problem again but didnt get very far :loser: I noticed that there was only 1 bolt holding the motor onto the roof therefore I guess someone has been at this before me. I tried to push and hold the rotor drive up into the cogs and press the button. Once again the motor is turning but the sunroof stays put. Could the drives on the sunroof itself be knackered ? How can I try to turn them manually ? Im thinking it would be ideal If I had a rod with a cog the same size as the one on the electric drive that i could stick in and try to turn, that way I would see whats happening. Anyone got something suitable ? My next question is.. Is this twin sunroof one whole unit or is it split ? The reason Im confused is I have seen ads for a front sunroof and for a rear sunroof on ebay as well as a complete combined unit. Please help !!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome