Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Spooky Windows!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Spooky Windows!!

I've got a drivers side window on my Scenic that's suddenly developed a mind of it's own. I suspect that following torrential rain down this way, some water might have got into a fuse box or something like that, but a quick look has shown dry fuse boxes....

What is happening is that every time I brake, or use the indicators, the drivers window goes down. The only way I can keep it up is not to indicate or use the brakes!!!! Not really practical, especially in winter weather. At first it was quite amusing, but at 70 mph on the motorway, changing lane has now become a very cold business!!

When I park the car, the window is reluctant to go up, but when it does, I have to hold the doorswitch until I hear a slight noise. Then and only then will it stay up........until the next time I use the indicators, or brake!

Any ideas where to start looking? I'm going to remove the window fuse for the time being, but obviously, I need to get to the bottom of this.

Any clues or ideas welcome. Thanks.
Currently in Spannerdemon's garage:
1999 Renault Scenic 2.0

Last edited by Spannerdemon; 19th January 2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Forgot Model of Car !!
  5 Lastest Threads by Spannerdemon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 1 - How To Change A Seatbelt*With... Scenic Stephen Leitch 18 10076 6th April 2009 08:23 PM
Spooky Windows!! Electronics Spannerdemon 9 1578 19th January 2009 04:32 PM
Clock/Radio Display Problem Electronics Lagdti 8 1951 9th January 2009 06:55 PM
Starter problem and no radio display*Fixed* Engines Spannerdemon 11 1759 30th December 2008 10:11 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome