Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear door locking problems

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 19th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via Yahoo to faz11a
Clio Rear door locking problems

Originally Posted by michelle74 View Post
The problem that I have is the remote locking fob does not lock or unlock one of my rear doors. I can lift the knob up to unlock and push it down to lock. All the other doors operate when using the remote locking fob. Anyone got any ideas how to solve this. clio II expression+
POST SCRIPT _ Just found Michelle 74 on another thread with more info-on same problem. This reply may be uneccesary.
Sounds similar like my problem- (Clio dci 100 II phase 2)just dropped neighbour's son off (Thursay)after scouts and he couldn't open rear door from his inside door lever- The button is stuck too-won't move the whole way up. My fob does not release it. The fob when actuated does work the solenoid so the latter is not burnt out.- you can hear the clunk and see the pull-button 'jerk' as it tries to move. Apparently (
there is a small gap near bottom of door where inside lock is - You can get a flat head screwdriver in to release the lock-(according to this forum elswhere), I don't think your lock is jammed like mine tho.
When you operate fob do you hear a noise (clunk) from that door- That will be the solenoid (motor) working (I think)- If you do , then it is not the solenoid but something else - like a broken clip in the lock (according to a similar thread on this forum). - or see below- just jamming due to grease leaking away from lock mechanism.Then you may have to get the door trim off and replace/ release and grease the lock itself . (try

rear door lock again*Fixed*

PS I found a probable solution to my problem-

2001 clio 2 rear door locked

23.1.09- Went to Tesco and got 'wash your car while you shop' geysers to clean my Clio- Came back and not only was my car waxed and clean but lo and behold rear door lock releases properly!- (must be some good luck charm from cleaner)- Any way- This probably goes to show that some lock problems in Renaults are just down to lubrication- I looked at rear door latch levers- they did not look bright and clean metal- and cos it is not used a lot it probaly rusts up a bit and becomes sticky- I will probably apply some grease/ vaseline to visible door lock parts later and open and close the door every so often.

Although I am relieved -, it is very confusing and annoying- I was about to take the door panel off and have a look at the lock mechanism later on this weekend.
If anyone has a tip on best way to keep the door lock oiled let us know. Thanks.
Currently in faz11a's garage:
clio II 1.5 dci 80 initiale 2003 plate now deceased sold on

Last edited by faz11a; 24th January 2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: update on problem
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome