Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 2 stereo stalk and seatbelt light

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Yep, in my original post I did say I couldn't find the hole (ooh, err missus!). I took the top and bottom instrument display shroud off, 'flopped' the instrument panel down, and there was no way you could get enough access to anything. I didn't take any pictures I'm afraid.
I paid 260 inc vat for this to be fixed. Don't know how that stacks up against what other people have paid but I can't see Renault being cheaper than that with their overheads. Bear in mind it happened at the worst possible time (in terms of the weather). If we hadn't needed the car and I had access to a garage that you can fit a Scenic in I would have attempted the job myself. Well, removing the dash at least.
Having seen the 'old' connector that was partially burnt and melted, and the fact that to remove it all the wires were cut I'm quite glad I let someone else do the job on reflection !
I was quite happy to sort out wiring in my old 1962 Mini (happy days: floor button start, pull the cords to get out of the door, frozen up sliding windows, every joutney an adventure), but these days with everything controlled by 'chips' and circuit boards I'd rather not risk it.
Currently in Gillyboy's garage:
Scenic 2 1.5dci Rush
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome