Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just had a diagnostic test on my Clio MK2 today and there are a few probs..

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2009
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
What you do is cut out the connector,then slide some shrink wrap over the individual wires,then solder the wires together,and then 'shrink the wrap' over the exposed wires.

It's easy really,but it can be a right pain in the ar$e if you ever need to remove the seat as you have to go through the same procedure again and each time the wires get shorter.

The best way to avoid the problem is to not store anything under the front seats.The times I've had airbag light problems come in and the owners have had atlases,drinks bottles,encyclopedia of Brittanica hidden under their seats is unbelievable.....well,maybe not the last one,but I just got carried away.

It's not the action of sliding the seat backwards and fowards that causes the problem,if it was I'd have a problem as I am 'quite' tall,and my dear lady wife is 'quite' short,so our drivers seat goes backwards and fowards more often than a politician on Question Time,it's more what is under the seat stopping the wires from moving and consequently breaking connection that counts.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome