Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just had a diagnostic test on my Clio MK2 today and there are a few probs..

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2009 Thread Starter
Fabio M
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
Hello Fabio,welcome to the forum.

The most important thing to remember is that these faults have no date,so they could have happened at any time in the cars life.What your garage should have done was read the codes,noted them,and then cleared them.Then after clearing them,the current ones would have reappeared.

The airbag warning is almost certaintly the connections under the seat.Having them soldered isn't a major drama,maybe an hours labour to do the full job as ideally the seat needs to be loosened from it's mountings and tipped back to gain decent access to the wires.

Thanks for everyones input on this. How much should I be looking to pay in London to get the connections soldered, I can't afford to get ripped off as I only just forked out for the car on Friday.

One more thing: would the airbags inflate even though this air bag error light is on or will it only work if the connections are soldered properly?

Cheers again..
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome