Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Just had a diagnostic test on my Clio MK2 today and there are a few probs..

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 20th January 2009 Thread Starter
Fabio M
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lagdti View Post
It's really good stuff Hondo,all you do is heat it up and it shrinks around the wires forming a tight seal.

If the warning light is illuminated,then the airbags won't inflate in an accident.If they are soldered properly and the light is out,then they will.

I'm unsure on labour rates in London,but around here (South West) and average independant would charge 40 an hour and an average dealer 80 an hour,you'll probably talking another 20 on top for a independant and another 30 on top for a dealer in your area.As it's a safety item it's not really what it costs (within reason of course),but whether it's done properly to be honest.Go to a garage you trust,and if your in any doubt as to the repair,check that the airbag light illuminates when the ignition is switched on,then goes out a few seconds later,there are people out there that just remove the bulbs from the lights and say that they have fixed the problem.
Brilliant, brilliant advice. Thanks so much for all your help. I think I will look at getting this done then.

Good night all.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome