Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace - power lead to headlamp switch dead.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 21st January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Espace - power lead to headlamp switch dead.

Hi I have a 93 2 litre petrol espace. A few days ago the side lights and the headlights stopped working. The next day they worked fine but failed to work again yesterday. I have looked at the connections to the switch on the steering column and have found that the power lead to it is not carrying hardly any current.
When I test it with a voltmeter it shows 13 v but as soon as I connect it to the wiring for the headlights or side lights the voltage drop to zero. The wiring to the side and headlights from the switch seem fine and they work if I run a 12 volt lead to them straight from the battery..
I have looked at the wires from the fuse box and they all seem fine. I wonder if there is a relay or junction connecter somewhere that is faulty or corroded. The loom seems to go under the front dash which looks quite a job to remove so I am reluctant to do that at the moment. I was thinking if I could not trace the power lead I could replace it with a fused wire straight from the battery.
Any suggestions ? thanks Rob
Currently in RobB's garage:
93 Espace 2 litre petrol
  5 Lastest Threads by RobB
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace - power lead to headlamp switch dead. Electronics ottoman 1 699 21st January 2009 12:10 AM
Espace - fitted new head gasket loud... Engines madnoel10 3 1226 1st February 2008 01:15 PM
testing cylinder head valves with paraffin Engines madnoel10 7 1819 21st January 2008 12:11 PM
oil in water head gasket? Engines Bob925 16 2402 7th January 2008 11:52 AM
methods to adjust valve clearances Engines madnoel10 1 1233 12th November 2007 07:13 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome