Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What damage can a faulty or incorrect turbo cause?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
What damage can a faulty or incorrect turbo cause?

Hi Folks,

I have had an on going battle with my Y Reg Scenic 1.9 CDi, anyway it went back to the indpendent dealer again (4th time in just gone 6 months) with no perfomance (acceleration/speed) and black and white smoke coming out the back. They diagnosed blocked CATS which have now been replaced (under warranty thankfully) but it's still goosed.

I thought this might be the case and that the blocked cats was a result of something else. Now they reckon the turbo (which they have fixed once already) seems to be the wrong type for the car!!?!!?!

Anyhoo i have the initial choice of picking another car of similar value from them OR getting mine fixed at a Renault dealership...all free.

They have no other vehicles i want and i wondered what other engine damage a faulty or incorrect turbo can do. I really don't it replaced/fixed only for something else go wrong as a result of running it for 6 months with a faulty or wrong turbo on.

Any advice would be great.
  5 Lastest Threads by waldazie
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Removing the rear seats from a Y-Reg Scenic, is... Cars & motoring Ivor_E_Tower 4 1329 5th June 2006 12:13 PM
What damage can a faulty or incorrect turbo cause? Cars & motoring waldazie 2 1673 18th May 2006 12:14 PM
A Y Reg 1.9 DCI Scenic has 2 cats?!? Engines waldazie 1 1045 4th May 2006 12:40 PM
Y-reg 1.9 dci Scenic - lack of power and black... Engines paraffinlamps 9 2910 24th April 2006 07:32 PM
Diesel heat lamp indicator coming on when driving Engines oafcmarky 3 1282 6th December 2005 12:14 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome