Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Issue with Push Start - Having to Hold - Laguna 2 ph 2

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Issue with Push Start - Having to Hold - Laguna 2 ph 2

Hi all, first post . I have seen posts on here regarding the push start not working quite right. IE having to hold to start. I am suffering with the same issue. To explain I have to press both the clutch and brake (push start lights up) than have to hold the start button for starter motor to kick in. If I press clutch or brake only (not together) the starter light on the button flashes twice. At no point at the moment does the green led on the start button light. It used to allow whilst in neutral just the brake to be pressed and a single tap on the start button to auto start the engine and the green button light.
I have so far tried the following
Hold the start button and insert the card
Taken out the starter switch, blub for green light looks fine.
I havent taken out the card reader to glue the plastic strip yet as I have a phase 2 with climate and no sure how to remove yet. Any ideas what to try, is the issue definatly the card reader and how do I remove with the climate? Regarding this I read that the interior light doesnt dim with this fault exept mine is fine...

I have checked out the following
Having to hold down Laguna II Start button
And others that im struggling to find at the mo, basically covers what I have tried about.

Also another slight annoying issue is lines on the display under the mileometer IE the cruise control display. Does this need a new display?

PS great site!
Currently in adaptle's garage:
2005 Renault Laguna II 2.0 16V
  5 Lastest Threads by adaptle
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna Mk2 Alloy's and Exhaust options? Exterior styling rosse119 3 1740 1st February 2009 07:50 PM
Issue with Push Start - Having to Hold - Laguna 2... Electronics chris m 5 6935 22nd January 2009 09:49 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome