Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - heating and dash electrics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 22nd January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question heating and dash electrics

I have inherited a Laguna 1 estate 1998cc N Reg.

I think the problem is entirely electrical and connected. The heater has not worked since I got it. Actually it randomly starts blowing once a week fo about 30 seconds and then konks out. At the same time the clock on the centre console is out and the right side of the dashboard does not work, which includes the fuel guage. Rev counter is fine. The temperature sensor flicks up every now and then.

I live in France and the renault dealer was sure, even though he only checked the fuses, it was the matrice which I assume means matrix and would be very expensive to fix because it is right hand drive!!! And the local Norauto, technical mechanics said Matrice again without even checking it, just the fuses which are fine, then explained it was a common renault problem and wrote me a quote for 1200 euros.

Is there any little tests or things to try out to find out what the problem is? Could I fix it myself? Is it something silly like when I have to dry the immobiiser unit under a hand dryer when it rains... (renault guy suggested it over the phone and it works...)

ps this may be a completely separate problem and thus a completely separate post but my right indicator light flashes double time when I brake and also the foglight warning comes on when I brake... help please
Currently in dynadenny's garage:
Laguna 1 Estate N Reg 1998
  5 Lastest Threads by dynadenny
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
heating and dash electrics Electronics glennbtn 5 1241 22nd January 2009 11:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome