Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault clio keeps beeping at me after it's been locked

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault clio keeps beeping at me after it's been locked

I've just bought a 1999 auto renault clio which keeps beeping after the door has been locked. It was beeping three times repeatedly, but now its beeping 5 times. The doors open light also stays on while I am driving so I don't know if their related or what to do to fix it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

The clock also seems to change time every time i start the car. Sometimes it the right time other times it 12 hours later. Is this just another sign that the car's electrics are absolutley shot to pieces??

Also (totally unrelated) The car I bought was bought sold as seen, however this was on the grounds that they had it mot'd first and it passed. They mot'd it and looking at the mot history online i can see it failed first and then passed the next day. However some of the things it failed on (e.g. faulty rear seatbelt) are still there!! Do I have any comeback because despite the fact it was sold as seen they have given me a dodgy mot! The gearbox is also faulty and I keeps geeting the auto warning light, would a faulty gearbox fail mot?

I know that last bit is in the wrong section but again any help would be appreciated!! (even if its just "no your stuffed!!")
Currently in myso's garage:
Renault Clio RT Auto 1999

Last edited by myso; 23rd January 2009 at 07:24 AM.
  5 Lastest Threads by myso
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault clio keeps beeping at me after it's been... Electronics ottoman 1 1569 23rd January 2009 07:15 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome