Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace ph 3 engine management light???

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 23rd January 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
i've since had the ecu read, the gerage who did all the recent work did it for free. BONUS!!!!!!!!

my engine management light is on because the throttle position senser (tps) to the pump is shot!

Now, i have a spare pump from when i changed the engine last year with the tps attached, it has 3 wires connecting through it to the pump. i used the new engine with my old pump as it's digital.

Does anyone know if the tps is connected to the immobiliser?? so if i change the tps will the ecu spit out it's dummy and go nowhere? and if this is the case will it continue to throw it's toys on the floor if i change it back to the original???

Renault want 200 + vat for a new one so i'm hoping the one i have in my shed will fix it!! any thoughts??????

And it's a good job i'm too busy (lasy), my airbag fault is with the squib in the steering wheel and not the pretensioners! another 100 + vat for that! LOL It's a propper friday car!

A bientot

Currently in andy1908's garage:
1998 mk3 grand espace 2.2 td
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome