Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Diagnostic codes

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Hi Bobbych, i had the same problem with my scenic megan 04 about week ago , my battery kept going flat , over a long time , in the end my local garage man took a look and the connection to the positive was loose , a piece of (plastic /rubber )was stopping it being tighten right up , he removed the bit of rubber andtighten it futher, now its started everytime ,fine , but,,, i still had the service light on with the parking brake as well , so went back to the garage , said it would have to go in to be hooked up , he said there were no faults , and he had erased the memory, but the lights were still on the dash, said if i wanted them off i would have to go renault dealer, said he usally charges 35 to do it ,but as he couldn't it would be 16 labour ,,,,, a day gone messing around,,, wasn't happy having the lights on the dash , so took it to renault next day, they did it there straight away , took about half an hour +, and they road tested it for me , said there was 11 faults , that were to do with the low voltage , which they cleared , cost me 39: 96p, wish i had gone there first time , all i know is my local garage who i have services and odd jobs couldn't fix mine , and said there were no faults, seems its renaults baby to me , regards samy
Currently in samy's garage:
2004 megan scenic 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome