Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat Problems (SATNAV)

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2009 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Carminat Problems (SATNAV)

I have issues with the Carminat system on my 2002 Initiale Laguna, it's the same system albeit with different software as fitted to my other car which is a Citroen C5.

In the C5, I put in the destination and follow the voice instructions and 9 times out of ten I arrive stress free at my destination.

However in the Laggy, I spend most of the journey wanting to punch the screen !

What happens is that it seems to give you an instruction then almost immediatly gives the next two directions. This can be confusing if you're not paying attention.

Also it can repeat an instruction ten times whilst you are turning (say actually on a roundabout you get ten 1st left at the roundabout messages in quick succession)

Is anyone aware of an upgrade disc for this system ?

The Citroen came with a map disc and an upgrade disc.

I'm almost at the stage of trying to load the Citroen software into the Laggy. :loser:

Screenshots below of my current software, if other members could comment as to what they're running it would help.

Currently in Jules's garage:
2005 Laguna Initiale 2.2 DCI Hatchback
  5 Lastest Threads by Jules
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II PH2 Sta-Nav GPS Electronics Jules 2 335 27th August 2015 03:48 PM
Help, somehow disabled keyless entry / exit. Electronics CheckInjectionSystem 2 476 22nd August 2015 09:25 PM
I'm Back !!! Megane question about seatbelt... Electronics TazzyK 4 2074 7th June 2012 04:11 PM
2001 Scenic 2.0 litre Spark Plugs Engines dave_mezza2006 1 2291 5th July 2010 12:42 PM
2001 Scenic Drink Cooler box removal ? Interiors Jules 1 1327 1st August 2009 08:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome