Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio II - Retro-fit Front Fogs

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio II - Retro-fit Front Fogs

Evening everyone.

Currently, I am in the process of pimping my wifes Clio II for her. Truth be told, she has been tempted away a couple of times - but it's such a nice car, we've decided that it would be foolish to sell it and buy something possibly much worse.

Having spent most of yesterday fitting parking sensors for her, she decided, this morning, that she would also like some front fogs (to fill the blanked-off voids in her bumper).

Naturally, we took a trip to our friendly local dealer. The parts guy, on hearing that we were looking for parts for a 2001 car, looked as though he'd rather return to his cup of tea / eb-bay session!

Reluctantly, he quoted us 221 for a front fog kit

Nice as the car is, this seemed a little steep, so, after a couple of calls to local breakers, a fine pair of '01 fog lamps are nicely screwed into the front bumper - and a fine addition they make.

Now, I just have to wire them in - and that is where I would like to seek your expert opinion.

Firstly, I know that I'm in for a new switch. After a good five minutes on e-bay, I guess this one would do:

I guess that this would also add variable speed wipers (though, not sure if I'd have to do anything else for this?).

I guess, also, that a new relay will be needed. Presumably, the wiring should already be in place to the fusebox for this - if not, I guess that I could always find a comveninet place for a 30amp SPDT relay, somewhere under the dash?

Then, I guess that I just need to wire the lights - probably just pick up from my new relay or, possibly, look for some unused connectors in the loom?

Just really wanted to know if anyone has done this and can cofirm (or otherwise) what I am doing here.

Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

5 Lastest Threads by splitbrain
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio II - Retro-fit Front Fogs Electronics tyler 7 1727 24th January 2009 08:47 PM
Evening! Welcome to RenaultForums scatz 6 885 24th January 2009 08:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome