Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault xenon beam height adjustment

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
renault xenon beam height adjustment

Dipped beams too high.
I have a 2006 laguna with xenon lights. From the start have had problems with dipped beam height. When i bought it I was constantly being flashed by other drivers as the beam seemed to be blinding them ie it was too high. Mentioned this at the service so they adjusted it down. This only lasted a short period as it reverted back to being too high after a few hundred miles. Again mentioned it to the garage the next time who then adjusted it but it was too low then although it did not dazzle the other drivers. I have driven around with these dipped beams set very low but at a recent MOT they told me that the headlamps were set too low and needed to be adjusted to give a decent length of light which they did and it was perfect for a few days. However now the lights are too high once again and are lighting up all the signs and in causing people to intermittently flash me.
Whats happening here why do they keep changing by themselves to the higher setting and how can I adjust the beams to a suitable height as there is no switch inside the vehicle and I am always nervous whilst driving at night now of upsetting all the other drivers in front and on the other side of the road.
Thank you Chinatown
  5 Lastest Threads by chinatown
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault xenon beam height adjustment Electronics Eeeps 5 1971 25th January 2009 07:47 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome