Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ignition Coils

Thread: ignition Coils
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ignition Coils

Hi All, looking for, hopefully confirmation of what I think (but I am a mechanical numpty).

The wife has a 2000 1.6 RXE auto, at 49,000 much loved and cuddled miles, and said it was running 'funny'. I took it out and when accelerating at minimal load (or throttle) onwards it misfires very badly and kangeroos - the kids love it though.

Having done the obvious in terms of loose wires, I read through the various discussions on this forum (how useful are you lot

Removed each wire on the coil and found that removing n0.3 (looking at the front of the car) made no difference to it's rough running. Checked and replaced the plug still the same.

Q1. Appreciating web diagnostics are difficult but does it sound like the coil to you ?.

Q2. We are selling the car in a couple of months (Sods law for something to go wrong, eh ?) and have seen coils from 40 each, 40 for 4 and 16 each (the latter being OE Sagem or Valeo.

What do I go for ?? The four for 40 financially adds up, but are they any good - any experience of these ? Link below.

All and any thought appreciated...need to get the wife and kids mobile asap
  5 Lastest Threads by Daeths
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ignition Coils Electronics madnoel10 9 1961 25th January 2009 06:27 PM
URGENT Crankshaft sensor help pls Electronics Lagdti 5 1268 8th June 2008 07:51 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome