Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - key card not recognised

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 25th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Key card

Hi just wonnered if any one could provide any new insight into the problem I'm having with the key card for my laguna. The story goes.... Two months ago lost one of the two key cards I have for the laguna. Last week after returning from two weeks holiday I open the car with the key card button no problem. When I insert the key card it says car not recognised. The problem isn't the card battery or the car battery. I have tried disconnecting the car battery for an hour then reconnecting it - card still not recognised. I don't think the problem is the card reader because it must be reading the card to say not recognised. Having looked at the electrical circuitry there seems to be no problems with this. The interior locking switch and all the lights work. I could really do without the expense of having it transported to a renault garage and then paying for
new card and reprogramming. Has this happened to anyone, can cards just lose their programming?
Currently in roseohea's garage:
Renault Laguna II
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome