Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Diagnostic codes

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
i think its more to do with LOW battery condition. if you 'disconect' it goes from 14V to Zero, then back to 14V

with my issue, i had a duff battery, and it was discharging. it happened a few times over the last 3 months, where i would go to the car in the morning, and press the start, and the display would just flicker, and the starter just clicked rapidly a few times, and it would need a jump start. usually after the jump start, the brake fault woud be there, but would go the next time i switched off, then back on, but the last time, i changed the battery and now it is perm on

there are some Diagnostic kits that claim to clear Ren Spec codes, but they are 220.

since i have now got my OBDII cable, there must be some software cheaper than 220 that will reset Ren codes. The 2 I have now, only find generic fault codes.
I agree low voltage can upset digital electronics but after resetting should then behave normally hence my comment about disconnecting batteries. If you have a duff system it ain't going to work right and you might get spurious warnings.

BTW I haven't found any software that will do Renault specific codes. There is pleanty that will do engine specific as that is defined in the EOBD specification. After searching for software I gave up and bought a Maxdiag FR704.

Currently in DerryUK's garage:
2004 Scenic Expression 1.6
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome