Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - '95 Renault Laguna Won't turn over

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 19th May 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
'95 Renault Laguna Won't turn over

I have a í95 Renault Laguna.
About 30 minutes after I got home from work I decided to go out again and my car wouldnít start.

When I turned the key to start the engine, it didnít turn over. I think I heard a faint click from the relay box under the stearing wheel, so I think the starter relay is probably fine. I couldnít find the starter under the bonnet to see whether this was making a clicking sound, or to give it a quick tap.
The dash lights and stereo work fine, so I donít think it is a battery problem.
Later on in the evening I went out again and it started fine. It also started fine this morning.

Iím now thinking that this could be a faulty thermostat preventing the engine from starting because the engine may have still been warm when I tried to go out last night. Iím going to try starting it again during my lunch break (I know it should be could then) and keeping it running for ages to let the engine warm up to a good temperature before switching it off and trying to start it again.

What do you think?
Got any fault-finding suggestions?

I donít have a manual for the car, so can somebody please answer these questions?

Where is the starter?
Where is the thermostat?

5 Lastest Threads by chris_mouland3
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
'95 Renault Laguna Won't turn over Cars & motoring Oilyrag 7 2064 19th May 2006 09:36 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome