Join Date: Dec 2008
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had the same problem. I didn't know what it was hanging down in front of the front wheel but Ottoman and others were very helpful.
My story is a bit different, 'though, so I thought I'd reply to the thread.
Firstly, tie-warpping the unit back into place. There is very little to tie-wrap it to unless you remove the remains of the bracket. I thought I'd have to remove the front bumper to gain access but was relieved to find I didn't. By removing two screws where the front wheel arch liner meets the font wing, it is possible to get a 13mm offset ring spanner onto the nuts to get the bracket off. That done, you then have two holes through which the tie-wraps can be fed.
Re fitting the new unit, and despite all the encouragement from folks on here, I bottled it. At the dealers, the service man said the unit costs £43. The service man also said that the unit has air tight seals as well as the wiring loom, so the thought of messing with 9 year old seals and clips, plus his offer to supply and fit it for £120 (in freezing cold weather) was enough to make me get the readies out.
So I thought I should add this to the thread to say that this is as much as you could end up paying, and if you're a tad handier than me then they'e only £43 quid brand new.
Thanks, once again, to all on here. An excellent site.
Currently in greyscenic's garage:
2001 Renault Scenic Sport Alize 1.6 petrol