Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Carbon Filter Brackets Commonly Corroding

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 26th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

I had the same problem. I didn't know what it was hanging down in front of the front wheel but Ottoman and others were very helpful.

My story is a bit different, 'though, so I thought I'd reply to the thread.

Firstly, tie-warpping the unit back into place. There is very little to tie-wrap it to unless you remove the remains of the bracket. I thought I'd have to remove the front bumper to gain access but was relieved to find I didn't. By removing two screws where the front wheel arch liner meets the font wing, it is possible to get a 13mm offset ring spanner onto the nuts to get the bracket off. That done, you then have two holes through which the tie-wraps can be fed.

Re fitting the new unit, and despite all the encouragement from folks on here, I bottled it. At the dealers, the service man said the unit costs 43. The service man also said that the unit has air tight seals as well as the wiring loom, so the thought of messing with 9 year old seals and clips, plus his offer to supply and fit it for 120 (in freezing cold weather) was enough to make me get the readies out.

So I thought I should add this to the thread to say that this is as much as you could end up paying, and if you're a tad handier than me then they'e only 43 quid brand new.

Thanks, once again, to all on here. An excellent site.
Currently in greyscenic's garage:
2001 Renault Scenic Sport Alize 1.6 petrol
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome