Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic condensation

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thumbs up Scuttle Panel Pics

Hi There

I own since new a 2004 Scenic and a while ago my wife complained of hearing water slushing around inside the car.

I thought at the time it to be the Freon moving through the aircron system and dismissed it. Until the water started gushing into the car under the dash, particularly during cornering. Around this time the condensation (which really was always around), started to get really bad. Also, the heater fan started playing up (obvious now to be from the water) and working intermittently.

I booked it into the agents for water ingress but because they didn't have a courtesy car, they couldn't look at my scenic and would get back to me when a courtesy car was available. This was about a month ago just after heavy rains at the time. The agents are still getting back to me......

last week as we all know, another heavy rain spell was experienced by all and once again my scenic became flooded and the fan stopped working too.

I then started looking online for help and found this great website!! Thanks.

Anyway, I thought it was the sunroof drains that were leaking and had a look but found nothing. Then I saw that someone had suggested the scuttle panel as a potential problem and decided to go in a have a look. Bingo!!!! It was like a dam in there. There were suggestions that the drains (2 of) can be cleared with a piece of wire from the outside, but as you see this is a big hit and miss on one drain only and the other drain cannot be seen from outside the cover.

I then decided to take the panels off and clear the blockage properly which I did and took photos of the process at the same time.

Hope this helps others....

Kind regards

The Job.

Pic 1. Shows into where you would need to poke a wire to get to the drain, if you are lucky. The one on the opposite side is even more shielded.
Pic 2. Pull off the weather seal.
Pic 3. The two pieces you see need to be removed. The centre item first.
Pic 4. Remove 10mm plastic nuts.

More pics next post.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1. Left Drain Area from outside.jpg
Views:	5009
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	6899   Click image for larger version

Name:	2. Front Seal.jpg
Views:	4704
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	6900   Click image for larger version

Name:	3. Centre Piece.jpg
Views:	4533
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	6901   Click image for larger version

Name:	4. Stage 1.jpg
Views:	4422
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	6902  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to markzeman For This Useful Post:
chesher5 (19th January 2014), Djudja (8th January 2014), hessajee (5th January 2014), KizzyBet (6th January 2014), mloskot (15th September 2013), scenicallbefore (8th January 2014), supersteve939 (31st December 2013)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome