Independent Renault Forums banner

Renault - Interiors - How to - Expert mode on "Tuner list" Stereo

34K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Fastreaction 
#1 ·
Just bought myself a Clio 1.2 16v extreme (2002 plate). Nice car.

Unfortunately I have no manual for the supplied CD/Radio. Any ideas where I can get one, other than resorting to buying one from Renault?

David. :d

#3 ·
Not sure of the make or model.

It's a CD/Radio in a 2003 Clio (no display - uses the one at the top of the dash, basically consists of 2 large round buttons and a number of small ones. Grey in colour).

Second question.... is there an easy way for me to find out whether my car has ABS and/or an alarm?

David.

#4 ·
abs - when you turn the key a ABS symbol should come up on the dash as a check, if you've got it. Also you could try the system out. Nice open, quite road - stamp on the brakes, if you skid you ain't got ABS if the pedal vibrates and you don't skid then you've got ABS.

Alarm. Zap the car with fob. Leave it a couple of mins and then open the door with the key not the zapper. If the alarm goes off you've got one.

#6 ·
Thanks for the advice.

It's odd really as my car is (apparantly) a Clio Extreme (2002 age) but when I find specifications it doesn't match my car. Some of the Extreme stuff I have but others I don't - I don't, for example, believe I have ABS. I do, however, have automatic headlamps, CD player, alloys, leather steering wheel, rain sensor, etc.

As for the alarm - there's a sensor of some variety near the front interior light. Does anybody know what this is?

David.

#8 ·
Clio Car radio

To be honest I'm not sure what make the radio is.

I've been looking on e-bay to see if I can get the model off those for sale. I must admit the pictures on e-bay for radios fitting 2000-2003 Clio's seem similar to mine, but mine seems to have more features and the other thing I know is that is a darn site better than the one in my last car which was a Peugeot 307. Biggest pile of junk I've ever driven.

On the instructiuons for mine, the only thing it says is Gramme Radiostat.The only make which comes up with this when I run it through an internet search is Philips, but again I can't find a model.

#13 ·
Having thought about it a bit more, I guess I've figured out most of the basic controls but it's those that are activated by pressing multiple keys or holding down a key that I'd be interested in (both on the head unit and the remote control). The ones I know about are:

1. Holding down both volume keys on the remote mutes the sound
  2. Holding down a radio preset button stores the current station

I've also found out today that the unit I have is affected by the current speed of the car - getting quieter as I slow down.

Any little "hints and tips" I might not know about will be appreciated :)

David.

G
#15 ·
This unit is pretty standard for a lot of renault models.

Their is a useful "expert mode"

To reach this sub menu hold down the "src" key until you hear a beep.

Press < or > on the set or turn the thumbwheel on the stalk to select an option

AF ( Automatic Frequency Control for FM signals ) ON / OFF

SPEED ( Changes stereo volume relative to cars speed ) 0,1,2,3,4,5

LOUD ( Loudness ) ON / OFF

TUNER ----------- AUTomatic/ MANual

REAR ( Rear Speakers ) ON/OFF

LIST MAN The stored list of stations won't change until you refresh the list

LIST DYN THe list is automatically refreshed and out of reach stations are deleted automatically after 3 unsucessful attempts to find the signal.

G
#17 ·
The manual that I have is # 7711206293-06 2000

Again it's just says Gamme Radiosat on the front cover.

Their are several variations on a them throughout the RENAULT range os Clio, Espace, Laguna, Megane & Scenic with Tuner List stereos

The model numbers are 22DC279, 22DC258, 22DC259 and these head units made by VDO Dayton / Philips.

If you look on ebay you should find either this invidual manual or better still send an email to renault customer services and they may send you a replacement free of charge if your very nice. Be sure to mention your vehicle reg and they should send you the correct manual.

G
#19 ·
dartiss said:
That does help - yes.

Stupid question though - how do I get hold of Renault customer services? Their website seems to want to direct me to a dealer unless I want to ask a question about their website or vacancies.

David.
Renault Customer Service

08000 72 33 72

Renault UK Ltd
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way
Maple Cross
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 9YS

customer.services@renault.co.uk

----- One for the glossary Selwonk?

#22 ·
Update...

Renault turned out to be about as useful as the proverbial chocolate teapot.

"We don't make them. Please contact the manufacturer" was my reply. Great. Except they didn't say who. I did email them back but they didn't bother responding to that.

Anyway, I've emailed VDO. I would have emailed Philips but I can't find an email for them anywhere.

You wouldn't think it would be THIS difficult to get hold of a manual!?!? :mad:

David.

#23 ·
about to look on the VDO Dayton website, but just incase anyone has a quick responce. Just bought a '53 megane 2 and the standard cd head unit that it came with, I need to access the 'Expert mode', following the manual steps doesnt seem to work :

Hold down 'src' until it beeps......well Ive held it for up to a minute, so Im drawing conclusions that doesnt work....any other suggestions?

Cheers
:)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.