Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Advice Please on a scenic

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by smudge1981 View Post
My Partner has written off our vauxhall zafira and were now looking for a new car.We like the renault scenics but were only going to have around 2000 to spend on one.i wouldnt mind getting the 1.6 engine as the insurance isnt to high but not sure what the best model is!! i like the 1/2 leather interior, alloy wheels, and twin sun roofs. (not asking to much i know hehe).The only other thing is are the scenics reliable? all i seem to hear are bad things.Any advice on a suitable model would be much appreciated also news on reliability would be greatfully received.
many thanks
Hi Smudge

Have a read through the links below

Renault Scenic - Buyer's Guides - Review of 3 Scenics

Defo go for a phase II model as the 16v engines are a vast improvement on the 8 valve models, I would not go smaller than a 1.6 engine

Scenic I

Scenic I Phase II

I would think in todays credit crunch times you would be able to get a Scenic I Phase II for about 2000.

Difficult finding a good MPV type vehicle at that age as most have had a hard life on the school runs etc
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome