Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II Not Starting

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 27th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic II Not Starting

I have had a look through previous postings that look similar but I can't see anything that points to the fault.

Two days ago the rear window passenger dropped and stayed down. After further investigation I found the window regulator bracket had broken (seems to be a common problem). So, I covered up the window whilst trying to source a new bracket. Local dealer say they only supply the whole regulator (200); I am getting the bracket from ebay .

Got home from work today and needed to move the car, but now it won't start. The electrics are all working fine.
It is a keyless system. It appears to be the immobiliser not recognising the card, I have tried both.

When start button is pressed the car clicks 4/5 times and nothing happens as far as the engine is concerned.
The clock/trip computer is also resetting.
The orange warning traingle with 'P' in middle is also coming on. according to the manual this means there is a fault with the autmatic parking brake.

Is there any way to bypass the immobiliser or does anyone have any ideas as to the root cause of the fault.

many thanks
Currently in MarkAldous's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic II 1.9dci

Last edited by MarkAldous; 27th January 2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: additional info
  5 Lastest Threads by MarkAldous
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic II Not Starting Electronics MarkAldous 9 1425 27th January 2009 08:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome