Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - orange 'service p' warning after disconnecting battery

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
orange 'service p' warning after disconnecting battery

dear all
recently my wife locked the car as usual- all the windows were up. the next day a neighbour knocked on the door to inform us that the rear driver window was down and the car was saturated. i tried everything suggested in numerous blogs- inc. unlocking and locking the doors with electronic key or manual key etc the last resort was a suggestion to disconnect the battery!
nothing worked- so took it to autolec. they couldnt find a fault and the window went up by itsef!
the next day we went shopping- locked the car after 30mins returned and the window was down again- i pressed lock lock and it went up i then realised my wife had a faulty key as with mine the car worked and the window stayed down. we now only have one key but that is not my question. when disconnecting the battery two additional things happened:

1 as soon as i connected the battery an orange - service p (in triangle) appeared, logically there is a 99.9% chance that there is nothing wrong with the brakes as they were overauled less that 6 months ago as it only appeared as soon as i disconnected and re connected the battery- HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS WARNING FROM THE DASH?
2 i didnt realise that i had a code for the cd player WHERE WOULD I FIND THE CODE?

looks like i have caused both issues myself by trying to resolve the problem of the faulty key can anyone help?
Currently in zelig's garage:
scenic megane 2.0 privelidge 2004 54plate

Last edited by zelig; 28th January 2009 at 03:46 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by zelig
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
orange 'service p' warning after disconnecting... Electronics zelig 2 1158 28th January 2009 03:44 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome