Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Window Regulator Brackets/Clips

View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2009
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scenic Regulator Clips @ Wires

Originally Posted by ottoman View Post

You can get wire replacement/repair kits on ebay I'm not sure how practical they are as opposed to changing the whole regulator

Click on the link below
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
The regulator mechanism can be changed on its own. The last one I bought was for a Lag II and cost me around 60. You could try having a look on good old Fleabay

Hi all, just done my front passenger window regulator clip today. Thanks for all your info it helped immensely. I'd just like to add that like others it only cost 3.16
and a few hours of work which is very satisfying. However, can I just warn the person that requires after market wire that mine too was like a birds nest so I had to strip the whole mechanism to un- coil the two wires. Note that the two wires are of differing length and if you re-attach them incorrectly the window will be 2 inches shy of closing. I found this out by trial & error. Anyway thanks to all again for sound advice.
P.S. anybody want a pair of clips then I will sell for same price as Renault (3.16) as I bought extras.
Currently in paperboy1's garage:
Scenic II 1.4 16V
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome