Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio II Lighting Faults - some tips

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lightbulb Clio II Lighting Faults - some tips

Just some tips for anyone with a Clio II with lighting problems. I was working on one of these a few weeks ago which had dim rear lamps (tail lights & brake lights), but also the nearside headlamp was out and the offside indicator lamps glowed when the headlamps were turned on.

The car had two faults:

1. The offside rear light unit had a corroded connector, causing a poor earth. Cleaned the lamp bulb holder/circuit board connections, then cleaned the connector. It was necessary to open up the connector & remove each terminal in turn to clean. An old clean toothbrush with some contact cleaner is the best way to clean these, however I use Alloy Wheel cleaner as it is acidic, and brings the terminals up like new after dipping for about 10 seconds. Remeber to wash them off after to prevent acidic corrosion, and don't let it get into the part where the wire is crimped on or eventually the wire will dissolve.

2. The offside front headlamp earth was not making contact. I simply cleaned the earthing ring and refitted. It is located behind the o/s headlamp onto the body in front of the engine mount area.

Oops apologies wrong forum - admin please can you move to electronics?
Currently in k4ngoo's garage:
Kangoo 1.9D Van, Modus 80dci, had a 5, 11, 19 16V, Williams Clio

Last edited by k4ngoo; 28th January 2009 at 08:09 PM. Reason: was in the wrong forum
  5 Lastest Threads by k4ngoo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Espace III X reg, rattle in corner of dash Interiors MJC60 1 871 18th April 2010 10:13 PM
Clio 182 Trophy Seat Adjuster Levers Interiors ottoman 1 1653 28th January 2009 08:43 PM
Clio II Lighting Faults - some tips Electronics ottoman 1 1169 28th January 2009 08:07 PM
Fitting a K9K in an F8Q Kangoo Engines cph1984 1 1521 29th March 2008 06:57 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome