Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #364 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by banna View Post
well i'm gutted reading this thread as my car has just been written off because of this fault i guess.

it was a 55 plate and i only had it 6 months as a used car. i smelt mild burning smell but thought it was fumes from cars in front on the second day whilst taking my 3 children to school smoke poured through the dashboard, thankfully i evacuated everyone and within minutes my dash was on fire and it completed melted.

i am very cross that this is an obvious fault and renault should have done more to notify this as a fault as it could have cost me my family if i hadn't taken such swift action.

i loved this car but now i have had to change to a touran as i can't trust a renault and my kids are scared that all cars will have a fire.
hi,i am so glad that you and your family managed to get out of the car safely,i agree renault should sort this problem out once and forall before someone does lose their life due to this fault.
Currently in gemsdad's garage:
- ,rnge rover diesel,pt cruiser. ford mondeo 57 reg,cdti 140 bhp.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome