Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - espace central locking problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to tinker2
I have a simular problem on two of my rear doors and only discovered it thanks to the grand children opening the doors when they were supposed to be locked on the passenger side when i had eventualy got it out it had apparently played up before as it had been cut open and resealed I replaced this one with a second hand one no trouble with that one since the one on the drivers side went after got the card remove started playing around with got to start working fine put every thing back three months later same thing remove it this time with motor off the lock it worked fine so started to work on lock could find nothing obvious so kept working on it with wd and copper grease until I could get it no looser put it all back together tested for fifteen minuets before putting back into the door so far it is still working ok but keep checking it to make sure do not know the cause as there was nothing obvious at all during all the tiime I worked on it.
Good luck with yours .
Currently in tinker2's garage:
1998 renault espace alize 2 ltre
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome