Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ive written my Lag II off :(

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,307 Posts
Ive written my Lag II off :(

Some of you may not know this but I had a prang last week. Basically I took my eyes off the road for a second, and when I looked back at the road the car in front had stopped as another car was pulling out across traffic and I didnt have time to stop. I hit the C3 infront of me at about 15-20 mph.

Anyways, the Lag suffered front end damage to the bumper, bonnet, grille and the bonnet slam panel no doubt. The Bonnet had also moved backwards by an inch or so and the bonnet cannot be opened.

The car drives fine, apart from an odd tapping noise.

Heard back from the insurance company today and they've written it off. I think the problem is they cant tell what extent the damage is as they couldnt get the bonnet up to see.

So Im in the market for another car when I get the pay out. I've seen a MkIII Modeo 2.0 Zetec that I like, but I got to wait for the cash.

Luckily I have hire car cover on my insurance policy, so I have the use of a hire car for three weeks FOC.

But TBH I dont care about the lag anymore, I have a new baby boy !
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 29th January 2009 at 08:13 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by dave_mezza2006
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome