Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ive written my Lag II off :(

View Single Post
post #27 of (permalink) Old 30th January 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Sorry to hear about your beloved IDE mate, I know how much you liked that car. Still atleast the burden isn't so harsh with the arrival of your new son

There are plenty of mondys out there at the mo, some cheap as chips, I've been looking for cars recently too and to be honest you're spoilt for choice.

I've even seen a 52 plate Mazda 6 2.0 diesel going for 1995, It was over 100k miles but looked like a cracker. They have the same engines and floor pan as the mondy too! The dervs are good, you don't hear about turbo failiure like the renaults but you do have to watch out for the dual mass flywheels on them. Easy to spot a duff though as there will be a judder as you raise the clutch to start off. Still take your time and you'll get some thing decent for hardly any money at all.

You can have my LagII for a few hundered quid if you want......... no seriously!!! Does come with a catch though, I've got gearbox gremlins! one of the bearings on the input shaft is giving up the ghost Grmblinig like mad!
I can't be @rsed with the hastle of fixing so I'm cutting my losses and getting shot. It'll be on ebay in the next week or so for spares or repairs, I'll post a link on the forums too if anyone fancies it.

I'm off to see a nice car myself tonight just to see me through the next 12 months or so, I'll post pics when and if I get it It aint a Renaut either!

Happy car hunting mate, hope you get what you want.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

PSN: MEW1980
Currently in Mikey's garage:
1996 Mazda MX-3 V6, a 2002 1.2 8v Fiat Punto active (the Wife's!) and a 1998 Suzuki GN 125. Used to own a 2002 Laguna II Dynamique 1.8 16V (Now Sold yey!)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome