Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Newbie to grand espace help needed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via Yahoo to tinker2
Hi Steve.
I also have a espace 99 t reg the speedo on mine went last year there was a sencor at the back of the engine which an indepndent garage found at fault they could get it to work by pushing down on it hard they found a load of crud in the engine block which they cleaned out fitted new sencor no trouble since my rear door became a pain to open the electronic side worked ok but the handle tended to stick in if some tried to open it before it was unlocked tacking the card off I found there was two small plates one either side where the mechanism was gunged up cleaned it up with wd 40 mixed some oil and copper grease together lubricated every where and kepy working the machanism until really loose working been alright since over twelve months now had simular on one this year for the second time again worked on it the same way first time I could not have done it enough as it stoped working again so really went to town this last time so far ok. the other rear door some one had out before and had cut it open to do there repair and the stuck it back together motor did not appear to be working at all so got a secondhand one from a company one on line had no problems since so far cross fingers
hope this will give you an Idea of what you may have to do happy motoring they are a nice car.
Currently in tinker2's garage:
1998 renault espace alize 2 ltre
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome