Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ive written my Lag II off :(

View Single Post
post #32 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,304 Posts
Went to see the light blue 52 plate Mondy LX today. Its gonna be for sale for 2500 on Wednesday / Thursday (it just came in yesterday at the garage (which just happens to be the same one I got my Lag from !! ). Im getting it for 2k trade price, so Im getting a good deal. Plus the car has just had a Ford service 1K ago and an MOT in december. My Warranty will also transfer to the Mondy, thankfully.

I have a feeling there are still making a few quid on the car though, as parkers lists the car as 2085 at a trader, and thats with 60K miles on the clock.

The car has a few flakes of paint missing off the bumper, but nothing major, but the guy is gonna touch them up for me before I get it if I do. Which Im most likely 99% to do.

I couldnt beleive the spec of the LX. Heated windscreen, leccy windows all round, electric drivers seat, air con, six airbags etc, the list goes one. Its nearly as specced up as the Lag !

I'd have thought the insurance would have been cheaper, what with it being 2 groups lower, but its not ?

At least I wont get rear ended in this one, its got a towbar

Bob your right, its not got alloys, but I aint too bothered. It means if I kerb them, they are easily and cheaply replaced. Plus tyres will be cheaper no doubt.

So, once my settlement for the Lag comes through, Im gonna be a Ford owner ! Im gonna put a deposit on the car tomorrow to secure it til I get my cheque.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome