Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Ive written my Lag II off :(

View Single Post
post #36 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 6 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 5
Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,303 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiggerz_SRi View Post
The later mondeo like 52 plate is a far superior drive to the MkII

Effortless dive, I had one as a hire car from work was a tdci 130 ghia x I did from hastings, to haywards heath to halifax on half a tank of derv and it was the BEST car I have ever used on a run as long as that!

Avoid the mazda 6! Its a good car, the engines rev forever......... BUT HORRIBLE cheap interea that has arm rests that make your arms sore.... dash is made from same plastic as milk tray boxes.....

Good honest car the mondeo!

And no, Renault and ford hubs dont generally cross lol

What lumps in the mondeo then mate?

Even if the premium is less on the mondeo mate, your insurance wont decrease as your making a fault claim on the insurance

Your costing them a few grand, They aint gonna give ya nothing back lol
The mondy has a 2.0 16v 142bhp Duratec HE engine it, which is chain driven so Im told by the garage Its good for 0-60 in 9.6seconds and top speed on 134, so faster than the Lag on both counts. I think its lighter too.
I did put my foot down a bit on the test drive, and it seemed very lively

The only downside is that its in tax band F at the mo, as it gives out 187 carbons, as opposed to 185 for the lag. The lag just made it into band E as 185 is the limit.
Currently in dave_mezza2006's garage:
2014 Vauxhall Astra Limited Edition 1.4 16v VVT Turbo

Last edited by dave_mezza2006; 31st January 2009 at 07:38 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome