Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Software Code Reader

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st January 2009 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Software Code Reader

I have just tried out this code reader and thought I would let you know the outcome.

The reason I bought it was I have a ABS light on the dashboard and I wanted to know which corner of the car was causing the problem.

Well sadly it doesn't read abs codes but it is a very usefull piece of kit to look at real time values from sensors and also clearing ecu fault codes. (possibly not all but some)

The unit is supplied with 2 software packages and you can use either of them. I loaded them both on and switched between the 2

It helped me solve a minor tickover problem by showing me that the throttle position sensor was giving a variable reading. (dirty connector)

The 2 software packages are Digimoto and Scantool.

The first one gives a virtual dash layout showing rpm,fuel pressure, mph, maf reading,coolant temp,inlet manifold pressure and air temperature.Allother readings are either read as values or can be turned into graphs to monitor over a period of time.

For the drag racer it also includes Quater Mile feature which alows you to time yourself over a preset distance and it logs time and speed. Now whether you would want to try that with a laptop sitting on the passenger seat is up to you.

I posted this as there is little info on the cheaper packages as to whether they work or not and I thought it might be usefull to anyone else looking to buy one.
If anyone is interested I can post some screen shots let me know.

My Car is a Lag 1 Year 2000 so it definately works on that model. But as said earlier doesn't do the same job as the pro units but could help solve some problems.

The only drawback is there doesn't seem to be a print results function but maybe I haven't explored it enough. will have another go tomorrow.

Almost forgot the important bit. This was bought on ebay for 29.99 inc delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM3504.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	6939  
Currently in planmeca's garage:
Renault Laguna 1.8 16v x 2 and a lot of other things. could really do with a tidy up to be honest I'll do it tomorrow
  5 Lastest Threads by planmeca
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Sad news for mobile phone users Jokes & funny stuff pianoforte 1 865 13th November 2014 10:45 PM
Lost and found Jokes & funny stuff planmeca 0 560 9th November 2014 09:49 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome