Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help I have a Warranty problem

View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 20th May 2006
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by cdjr36
Hi all,

Can anyone help me I have a Dynamique which is only 2.5 yrs old and therefore still in warranty. Aircon packed up, dealer told me they would have to do an AirCon service to prove if there is a fault. I was told if no fault was found I would have to pay 160 for the service. What a choice, they told me there was no fault and I now have to pay 160. Surely the car is a bit young to need a recharge on the AirCon isn't it?

Reading through this post again if the air cons packed up, it doesn't work, which it should.

So tell the dealer you're not interested in what they have to do to diagnose or repair it, all you want is an air con system that does work.

If it would make you feel any easier take it along to your local Auto Centre ask them to check the out flowing air temperature from the central vents. I've had this done there in the past free of charge.

I'm sure I've seen a post on here somewhere by WebCode saying this temperature should be between 3 and 9 degrees.

Link to WebCodes post
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.

Last edited by hondo; 20th May 2006 at 07:49 AM. Reason: WebCode's link added
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome