Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to open a stuck Laguna II ST boot

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2009
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by DeeBeeS View Post
It may well be that the actual boot opening switch has corroded and its lost its contact with the electrics, this happened to me but my Laguna ST is older than yours and it was so eaten away that I had to buy a new switch.

I am talking about the switch just above the number plate, I found that you can get access to this without having to remove the interior trim.

It is held in place by a clip at each end and can be prised out with a small flat bladed screwdriver. One out you can disconnect the wiring, make sure thewires don't go back inside, put a clothes peg or something on it.

You can then take the switch apart and have a look it might just need cleaning depends on its condition.

I don't think new ones are two expensive but is a Renault part only.

Hope this helps.

exactly this happened to me.......

Had the same fault on mine, you can get away with just cleaning the contact every now and again for a while, i did this for about 6 months till i broke a piece taking it apart!!! New clip is 43 inc VAT from main dealer.

Once you remove the main boot openeing clip from the connection you should be able to open the tailgate window - if you can - then you will know it is main boot clip which is faulty (and vice versa)
Currently in Scott420's garage:
Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi (02)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome