Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - laguna 2 leak in boot

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2009
Rick Beament
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II leaks into boot

Hi - I had this exact problem and found that it was due to the stupid drain pipe arrangement that takes water from a 'Vee' just below the wiper, through a small hole and then via a rubber pipe to exit in the bottom corner of the tailgate. Renault, in it's usual wisdom, just relies on a push-fit for the rubber pipe, so that if it drops-off (as it had on mine) all the water from the back window gets routed onto the inside of the tailgate and thence into the boot's spare-wheel area, where it slops around making things very wet and smelly !!! Cure is incredibly simple - remove the tailgate inner trim to gain access to just next to the wiper mechanism - there you will probably find the rubber tube hanging in mid-air next to the small drain hole & tube. Get yourself a small jubilee clip or similar and reconnect the rubber pipe with the clip to hold it in place ..... dont overtighten the clip or the plastic drain-tube may crack and you're back to square one. Now I dont have any water in the boot ...... but can somebody tell me why the driver's footwell gets wet sometimes after rain ?????

Last edited by Rick Beament; 2nd February 2009 at 05:36 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome