Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Voice Activation Problem

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2009
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by hugit4249 View Post
Ha ha - I like it. Seriously though, I think the dealership took the mickey. The way they interogated me about it was out of order and I ended up leaving their premises feeling like a liar. I think I may confront them again about it and mention that as I told them about the fault whilst the car was within warranty - I want it fixed free of charge.
I was repeatedly treated as a liar by a Vauxhall dealer, and that is one of the main reasons why I've steered clear of the brand ever since. The three Renault dealers I've used have all had the decency to at least humour me and be polite if they didn't believe I had my facts straight. Curiously, one of those Renault dealers is part of the same national chain as the Vauxhall dealer that treated me like know-nothing scum

I think Noel is right on the ball. Take this to Renault UK and see if you can get the dealer the boot up the backside that they so richly deserve. You'll probably get saddled with replacing the part though, in which case, the likes of GSF might be able to get it cheaper than the dealer.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome