Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Idiots and the snow

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
We came across one poor lad last night about midnight on a country lane, he had come down a hill with a right hand bend at the bottom, but he didn't make the bend he ended up over the grass verge into a hedge and ditch.

There were two of us, we both had landrover defenders, I pulled along side the the car, and the young lad got out, he was ok, just a bit shaken.

He said he had been there about 10 mins and had called the police, a couple of cars had gone past but not stopped before we arrived, another couple of cars came past while we were there only just making the bend with their wheels locking up and the back ends twitching out.
I said to the young lad we could pull him out with the landrover winch if he wanted, "yes please" he said,
my mate give him a coat to put on as he only had jeans and a flimsy shirt on.
2 mins later the police arrived one landrover discovery which came down the hill sideways the other a freelander which also slid down the hill (which did make us chuckle a bit).
The copper said f@@kin hell I didn't think it was that bad.

Anyway we had to set the landrover on the opposite side of the road to pull the lads car out, so the cops shut the road while we did it, and also called for a council gritter to attend.
All sorted, but it just goes to show even the experienced police drivers can get caught out on the slippery stuff.
Currently in polecat's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome