Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Windscreen Wipers on a 53 Clio.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Exclamation Windscreen Wipers on a 53 Clio.

I've just passed my test so not used to normal car troubles/things going wrong so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do about this problem!

With all the snow the past day or so I went out expecting to de-ice my car, and did it and got underneath the windscreen wipers. Thought i did it properly got in the car and tried the wipers to clear the last off, they tried to work then gave up, they haven't responded at all when I've tried them since then. I cleared more ice off the base of the wipers (where I'd forgotten about first time so yeah - I know it's probably my own fault!) but they still aren't whirring or responding in anyway! My bro thinks it could be a fuse or the motor.

Screen wash works, it is JUST the wipers - any idea whether my bro is on the right track and what I can do to fix it (and how expensive it'll be if I HAVE to take it into a garage)?

Currently in Jelly8's garage:
1.2 2 16v Renault Clio Extreme
  5 Lastest Threads by Jelly8
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Windscreen Wipers on a 53 Clio. Electronics Jelly8 2 1215 2nd February 2009 11:39 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome