Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - stereo losing preset data

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy stereo losing preset data

Good Afternoon,

Last year I posted on here about replacing my head unit & adatptor steering controls, for which you helped me out with the autoleads suggestion.

However since replacing the HU and installing the steering control adaptor leads, I've never managed to get the HU to remember any programmed settings (such as equaliser, stations etc...).

When setup and used following installation everything works fine, can control the stereo from the steering wheel, but as soon as the power is switched off then turned on later nothing is saved.
I've checked the connections they all seem fine, wires are connected the correct way, as they only fit in one way in the autoloeads connectors. HU saves all presets when not connected to steering controls.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
It's really annoying me having to quickly look away from the road just to change station or volume.
Currently in lmersey44's garage:
'02 Citroen Xsara VTR
  5 Lastest Threads by lmersey44
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Front replacement tyres Wheels & tyres mord 9 1834 19th July 2009 04:21 PM
door speaker cable (crossovers) Electronics lmersey44 2 1173 9th July 2009 09:12 PM
engine cut out :S Engines lmersey44 6 1479 26th May 2009 10:55 PM
8 gauge wire through bulkhead Electronics hondo 3 3373 24th May 2009 09:27 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome