Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Poor MPG from my Laguna II

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2009 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Poor MPG from my Laguna II

Hi there,

Just bought a 56 Laguna II estate after having a 10 year old Laguna 1.8Sport for 6 years.

The car seems ok, but the MPG seems poor to me, this is the first diesel car i've had, so i may be expecting too much.

Basically my drive to and from work takes me on mostly A and B roads, traffic isn't heavy and i rarely get stuck in traffic and only have to stop and junctions and roundabouts.

I'd expect to get good mileage, i got about 37mpg in my old laguna and that was using a heavy right foot. I'm drinving the new car a lot slower and i've managed to get a whole 3mpg more out of it

Of course with diesel being miles more expensive than petrol this means it's now costing me more money to get to work.

Is this the kind of MPG i should be expecting? What do others get, any ideas on how to get it up a bit?

Sorry for the length of my first post

5 Lastest Threads by daz_75
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Check Emissions Light Paticle Filter Engines daz_75 0 897 6th October 2011 05:47 PM
How can i tell if my car has a particle filter? Exhausts TTT 18 8484 7th October 2009 03:15 PM
Poor MPG from my Laguna II Cars & motoring hondo 6 3543 3rd February 2009 05:00 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome