Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ATTENTION clio mk 2 sunroof fix :)

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2009
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to vitasol
I really need to get this fixed so i will probably do the electrical tape around the edge but... i cant reach lmao! i cant reach the middle of the roof.. im 17 and 5ft2 ... maybe i will grow hahah

Originally Posted by DarrenK View Post
Hi mate,

My Wifes Clio had the same problem, after weeks of having a stinking car and water dropping down onto my head from the side of the Sun Visor mouldings , i decided to have a look.

I removed the Sunroof trim inside the car which folds around the roof lining and looked inside with a torch, either side there is a drain chanel with goes down the A Posts and out under the car. I could see drips of water from each nuckel joining the Rubber pipe to the sunroof chanel.

Firstly i removed the glass and on each side inside the metal area of the sunroof there are the two drain holes, blew them through with an air line to ensure they weren't bocked, gave them a water test, and both worked fine.

But there was water leaking at the join of rubber pipes inside the car.

You will have to remove the Sunvisors, Passanger handle and the two blanks on the Drivers side.

Then slip the headlining from the door seals, Remembering to unstick the sticky double sided tape between the roof lining and sun visor mounting points.

Disconnect each pipe, put a drop of silicone on each nuckle and push back on, rub some arounfd the connection and wait a few mins before doing the water test again.

You should find it will work, but expect a week or so for the roof lining to dry out.

While your there take a 10mm spanner to each of the bolts on the sunroof, remembering to tighten them as you would a car wheel. If you want you can loosen these off and run a dab of sealent around the sunroof and retighten them all up.

Hope this helps.

Currently in vitasol's garage:
Renault Megane 1.4 16v Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome